What?! Wow! I am not sure how to do that! I might have to sneak in yoga as part of the "refresh and regroup". I also must admit I have started looking for a half marathon to complete this summer. Can you believe it? Me...choosing to try it again. Oh my!
Enjoy your rest, and yes, I can believe you are looking for another half! You are AMAZING and have done such a GREAT job in keeping up with this craziness ;-).
Meet Joey and his miniature horse friend. They live at a boys Ranch in Michigan where they are working together to learn how to live a healthy and happy life. Upon meeting Joey he took me immediately to the stall where, we'll call him Rocky, and his Dad lived. Knowing that minature horses can have little man's sindrome and display less than pleasant behaviors I asked if they were nice. Joey looked at me as though there was no other answer and said, "OH yes, and Rocky is mine." There are 30 abused and neglected boys living at this ranch and all have the same access to the animals but Joey knows, without a doubt, that Rocky belongs to him. The bond that has been formed over the short 2 weeks that Joey has been at the Ranch is obviously special. Joey and Rocky appear to need each other and have what each one needs to feel wanted and loved. Joey is not coming from a loving home that he will soon return to. He has, sadly, because of abuse and n...
I walked into a Starbucks awhile back and was greeted by an extremely friendly young man. The usual, "How are you?" was said by him and the predictable, "Fine" by me was the initial exchange. He told me that he was glad I was doing well to which I responded, "What would you do if I said I wasn't okay?" His reply took me back, made me think, and has followed me since that day. With a huge smile he said, "Well, I would ask what I could do to make it better!" What a concept! Doing what one could to make a stranger's day better - I wanted to be that quick to think like that! It's fair to say that we all like to think of others and help where we can but our own desires get in the way. The thought of being intentional in this came to mind the other day when I was wanting to eat foods I shouldn't. The concept of combating such temptation with thinking of others needs over my wants turned a moment of temptation into a time of pra...
I hope you have had a GREAT week and are looking forward to moving ahead into week 3! You will notice that the exercises look familiar, which is what I am hoping. There are more reps but moves that you should now be comfortable/familiar with. If you are consistent in doing them you WILL see progress!!!! I look forward to hearing how you are doing. We'll go through the carb cycle with this list of foods for 2 more weeks and then we'll move on to a more sustainable cycle/food program. Lean Protein: Eggs Tuna Chicken breast Halibut Lean Turkey breast Lean steaks Lean Ground beef Beans Complex Carbohydrates w/starch: Brown Rice Corn Tortilla Baked potato Yams/Sweet potato Oatmeal Complex Carbohydrates w/out starch Spinach Kale Ce...
What?! Wow! I am not sure how to do that! I might have to sneak in yoga as part of the "refresh and regroup".
ReplyDeleteI also must admit I have started looking for a half marathon to complete this summer. Can you believe it? Me...choosing to try it again. Oh my!
Enjoy your rest, and yes, I can believe you are looking for another half! You are AMAZING and have done such a GREAT job in keeping up with this craziness ;-).
Delete